Wednesday, August 1, 2012

What God Does

One of the first things I thought about when Libby was diagnosed with Leukemia was the fact that we wouldn’t be able to travel. We love to travel.  I couldn’t get it out of my head. We wouldn’t be able to go on any family trips. Hib and I certainly wouldn’t be able to get away just the two of us. And I know our traveling is very much a luxury. But we love it.  And I thought perhaps God was trying to teach me something. Travel just wasn’t going to happen. Not for now. And I needed to be okay with that. There are more important things. 

Last week, Libby’s numbers weren’t high enough for her to have her treatment. She has been doing extremely well. My sister and fam were heading to North Carolina to see my parents. I asked Hib if we should dare to go. He was up for it. We packed our stuff and we headed to the mountains. We arrived on Friday night. Just in time to see the sunset off the back porch.


We took Libby to the Georgia Mountain Fair on Saturday. 



And spent two gorgeous days on the lake. 

Hib mentioned, as we headed home, what a good time he had. He said he really hadn’t thought we would be able to get away for quite some time. But we did. And I think THAT is what God was trying to teach me. He doesn't promise a life of ease. But He loves us. And He constantly wants to bless us. He does. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes God does bless us and this was just one of His gentle reminders he loves you
    so glad you were able to have a little getaway

    ReplyDelete