Saturday, August 11, 2012

ER

So this is the problem with writing a blog. It has plenty of opportunity to make a fool out of you. You write these words. You put them out there. And you can’t really take them back. A day after bragging about how well things were going, Libby headed to the ER this afternoon with a fever. Such is life. 


No, I did not let her eat off the floor at the mall. But we did go to a fun music class with her boyfriend, Ben, today. I noticed she wasn’t quite herself.  We opted out of lunch with our friends. When we got home, she had a low-grade fever. After nap, she woke up with an even higher temp. I called the doctor and she said to go to the ER. They did some lab work and gave her a dose of heavy duty antibiotics. 


And guess what?! Before I could even get this info out to you, they were sending us home! We couldn't believe it. We have never been to the ER without subsequently being admitted to the hospital. Hib had a bag packed. We were ready to stay. But we are home, y'all! Actually, the ER doctor said she had NEVER seen a child with ALL come in with a fever and go home. But Libby's numbers were off the charts. (Most definitely due to the IVIG treatment she had on Thursday). With numbers like these, they feel confident she will be able to fight off whatever this is. Obviously, we'll be watching even more closely. And please keep those prayers coming! We are so thankful our family of four is intact. Thank you, God!

 Crawling into bed-way past bedtime!

3 comments:

  1. I am an ER nurse and that is great! I will say prayers that she fights this off. Keep updating so I can keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an eight year cancer survivor, Yeay Libby! Glad she is home. You are doing a bang up job of parenting a cancer patient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginny, you are supermom, and Libby is equally amazing! Y'all inspire me. I'm glad Lib is home and I've got to come visit (when she's up for it!).

    ReplyDelete