Thursday, February 6, 2014

Possible Change in Plans

So. God is amazing. I know this. But some days He really takes my breath away. Today was hard. Really hard. I knew it would be. And I found myself praying like crazy. Constantly. Just laying my hands on Libby and praying. The doctors said she should be pretty alert. Moving around. And she just wasn't. Brain surgery considered, she just didn't seem to be doing that well. She basically just slept, if she was awake she was fussy. With a couple of big breakdowns. I couldn't get her to eat. Or even drink. I talked with the nurse, and we kept an extra close eye on her.  I'll say it again. I cannot describe the swelling she has. The nurse said it was normal, too. But, oh my gosh.

The surgeon came back by this afternoon. I could tell he wasn't pleased. She should be more alert. She has a LOT of swelling. And with his concern I could see our sweet nurse panic. And I felt that same panic rising up in me. He ordered an emergency CT scan. The nurses were scrambling. I was praying. Then I hear this... I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.  I text Hib. Pray! And a sweet friend came in at this exact moment, and I just looked at her. She saw the doctors. Me. Libby. I told her a tiny bit of what was going on. She dropped our gift and wanted to get out of the way. She prayed. Then my sister showed up. We were on the way out the door to get the CT. She prayed. We got the CT scan. It could have been disastrous with the state Libby was in. But we got it. We made it back to the room. The nurse would barely speak to me. I could tell she was near tears.

Y'all, it was probably one of the most immediate answers to prayer I have ever seen. Libby's demeanor changed almost instantly. She started responding to us. She starting talking. Clowning around. Making funny faces. She smiled!!!! She sat up. And she started drinking and eating. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Father!!! So full of grace!  It was incredible. Oh, and the CT scan came back clear. Hallelujah!!!!!!

So. In all of this the doctor mentioned holding off on her second surgery. Did I mentioned I couldn't imagine her doing this again? Tomorrow. I prayed that prayer all day, too. Is she supposed to do this again tomorrow, God, really? And late this afternoon the doctor mentions he might wait. He wanted to see the CT scan. But he's also concerned about the swelling. Doing the same thing to the other side. He said he hasn't made the final call. I don't think he'll make it until he sees her in the morning. But it sounds like there is a good chance she won't have her second surgery until Monday. God's on it. 

Absolutely wanted to let you know. Absolutely will keep you posted. As soon as I know anything else! Please, please, please keep those awesome prayers coming. 

Love you all!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Ginny, for all the updates. I KNOW you have many people praying for you, Hib, Libby and the doctors - provide guidance and constant reminder of His love for you and your precious family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, David! I'm behind on responding to comments! Libby is doing so well! We are so thankful! We love y'all so much!!! Hope you're having a great week!

      Delete