Tuesday, February 18, 2014

How Are We Doing?

Well, how should I put this? I'll tell you what I told the doctor this morning. Libby is FULL of energy. So full of energy, in fact, she spent her time in the waiting room climbing all over the chairs. Like a wild animal. I was trying to fill out a form. It had five questions. And I almost told the receptionist I just couldn't do it. Not now. But I figured that would be ridiculous. Since it was five questions. So I filled it out. While Libby rummaged through my diaper bag. And threw anything she could find on the floor. I moved my diaper bag. And she proceeded to take her shoes and socks off. Threw them across the room. And laughed. That lady that you see in public. You know, the one that has the unruly child. And you're just so thankful you're not her. Yeah, that's me. 



Did I mention Hib is out of town this week? We may need to amp of the prayers a bit.

 Libby is fantastic. It's apparent. The doctor told me so. It's amazing. And we are incredibly thankful!!! Her behavior leaves a little to be desired. Not to nitpick. We know how blessed we are. Truly, we do. But God wants us to come to Him with every detail of our lives. Of Libby's life. We continually surrender our girls to Him. It's an hourly thing. So, here ya go, God. What do we do, now? Help us with this, too. How do we parent these girls? Would you please continue to pray for us?  Specifically for Libby's ongoing recovery. And the many components of this-her strength, communication, and behavior. For us. And, of course, for our Annie. She sees LOTS of disciplining taking place, these days. Sometimes I feel she's caught in the crossfire. She's doing her best to figure it all out. We talk about it. I watch her trying to take it all in. Her poor little stuffed babies sure do spend a lot of time in time-out. :)

And one more thing.  I'm way out of my comfort zone. But I have to mention this. Libby's surgeon has asked for our support.  We're pretty fond of him. Seeing as how he used his God-given ability to help save our little girl's life and all. Plus, he's just an awesome person. We're thrilled we can even begin to help him in some tiny way. He's been asked to participate in a fundraiser for St. Baldrick's, a children's cancer research foundation. On March 14th, he's going to shave his head in solidarity with the brave children he treats who don't have this choice. His goal is to raise 40,000 dollars. He's vetted this organization. And tells us the money donated is well spend on actual laboratory research. Here is the link to his page. See what you think. We would be more than honored if you would like to donate in Libby's name.



Y'all, your love continues to overwhelm us. I stay in awe. You live this with us. You enter in. You pray with us. Ask questions with us. Cry with us. You celebrate with us. There is not a day that goes by that I am not downright harassed by someone begging to help us in some way. Your calls, texts, emails, and notes. Your dinners. Your company. Your gifts. We love because He first loved us. 

I'm reading a book about suffering (not to sound too dramatic :) ). And the author talks about welcoming suffering. He talks about how suffering offers us the opportunity to encounter God with passion. A passion that frees you to get close to people in authentic community. And to experience genuine transformation in your personal life. Especially in the way you love others. We're experiencing this first hand. It's awesome. Thank you for helping Him teach us how to love. 


2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear Libby is doing well! Praying for you guys! Love, Drew and Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, guys!! We love y'all so much! And miss you! Hope y'all are well! XOXO

    ReplyDelete