Thursday, February 6, 2014

Libby Update

They tell us Libby is doing really well. It doesn't look like she's doing really well. I'm trying to revisit the verse that came to me entering into all this. We walk by faith, not by sight. A precious friend even text to remind me last night. Prayers you fix your eyes on Him, not on what you see. A sovereign coincidence, I'm sure. And that's what I'm clinging to right now. He knew it would look brutal from our end.

Libby slept for the better part of the day. She seems to be resting comfortably. She just looks miserable. And when she does wake, she seems to feel miserable. You wouldn't believe the swelling. I was not prepared for this swelling. I think I'd maybe feel a little better if we didn't have to do the whole thing over again. Tomorrow. Then, she'll have swelling on the other side of her face, too. I'm not sure she'll even be able to see. Unless some of this right side swelling goes down, and maybe she'll be able to open that eye. It hurts so much to watch her hurt. 

All things considered, we are doing well! Please keep those prayers coming. Specifically for pain management, for her swelling to start to subside, and recovery in general. And, of course, for her little body to endure this all again bright and early. Surgery is scheduled for 8:30. Y'all are such awesome prayer warriors!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment