Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

I love the start of the new year. For me, the new year signifies a fresh start. I like the resolutions. The whole deal. I'm just that person.
I'm so incredibly grateful for how richly God blessed us in 2013. The list of obvious blessings is ridiculously long. 


And there were things that, at first glance, might not appear to have been blessings. But they were. I believe one day I'll see that even more clearly. I wouldn't even be surprised if I find those were actually our biggest blessings. God is good like that. He knows exactly what we need.
  Hib was getting on to me for worrying over the holidays. Libby wasn't feeling well. My head was all over the place. He could tell I was spinning. And he was pleading with me to just stop.


 And I told him I couldn't. I would love to. But I couldn't. I told him it would require me to not think the way I think. Or feel the way I feel. I can't change that. Right?
  Someone would have to change me entirely. Somehow. I told him it was impossible. It took a few days removed to realize that's what God calls transformation.   

 I pray wonderful things for all of you in this new year. MANY blessings, much love, good health, happiness...you name it!




  I hope and pray these same things for us. Of course I do. At the same time, I'm kicking this year off timidly praying a prayer. I've been praying it for a while (it's the basis of this blog for crying out loud). But it's still hard for me. Sometimes I can't even pray it. I hope to pray it more boldly this year.


Father, help me EMBRACE every single thing You are doing in my life. No matter how I perceive these things. I want to praise You. Help me trust in Your unfailing love. Let me rest in knowing You are working it ALL for good. May all my hopes, and all my dreams be a distant second to truly knowing and loving You. The best dream I could ever hope for.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Romans 12:2




(Thank you so much for your prayers!!! We're amazed everyday at how well Libby is doing. These last three pics are from tonight. She's a rock star, I'm telling ya. I should have more information about what the next several weeks might bring for us at our appointment next Tuesday. We love you! )

2 comments:

  1. LIBBY IS TRULY AN ANGEL AND WE LOVE HER AND YOU ALL SO MUCH! I WILL KEEP HER IN MY PRAYERS~PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS ANYTHING I CAN DO TO HELP OUT WITH HER OR ANNIE : ) YOU GUYS ARE SUCH A BLESSING TO HAVE IN MY LIFE AN I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO DO ANYTHING I CAN TO MAKE YOUR DAY A LITTLE EASIER~XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Farrah!!! We love y'all so much! And cannot express how much we appreciate your prayers and your amazing offer to help. :) YOU are a blessing to us! So thankful for you! I absolutely want us to have a play date with our munchkins. That would make our day. :) Love you, girl. XOXO

    ReplyDelete