Sunday, December 29, 2013

We're Home

Thank you so much for your outpouring of love and prayers.  I don't have a lot more information at this point. I'm still very overwhelmed. I'm still a lot of different things. But with all that, I have these great moments of peace. I attribute this to your prayers. I really do. And...we made it home! I can't believe it. At one point they were talking about keeping us in the hospital for a couple of weeks. And two days later we're home. We're so thankful. And, of course, quite nervous. Please keep praying for us. Libby is doing amazingly well. This seems impossible, but she seems happier than usual. She's a little weaker. You can tell she's not 100 percent. But she seems to be gaining her strength back slowly. She's talking. And she laughs constantly. This little girl!

I'm hoping to find out a lot more information this week. Where exactly we go from here.  I know the next few weeks are recovery weeks. Rehab weeks. And the goal is to take every precaution to try to keep another stroke from happening. This entails taking baby aspirin everyday. Aspirin poses its own risks, but the benefits for Libby outweigh these risks. Keep those prayers coming!

I'll let you know what unfolds...

2 comments:

  1. I have followed your blog for a while now and pray all the time for you all.. You amaze me with your strength and trust in our Lord. I will continue to pray and just wanted you to know you inspire and shine the light of Christ through your words and your family. May you enjoy some beautiful moments at home with your family during this hoilday season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Becky! You are so precious. There really is no greater compliment. Even as unworthy as I am. :) Thank you!!! I hope you had a wonderfully blessed holiday season, as well! Cannot thank you enough for those prayers!!! They sustain us. You're amazing. Praying for your family, too! XO

    ReplyDelete