Friday, January 24, 2014

Angiogram Is Complete!

I wish I could describe (I mean, describe well) how extraordinary I felt today. I woke up a tad anxious. Mostly just due to pulling everything together. Getting the girls ready. And getting in the car. And then. Peace. That inexpressible peace. I'm taking my daughter to the hospital. I know what the day entails. Lots of possible outcomes floating around in my head. Fear is justified. I can tend towards fear. It creeps in. But not today. I woke up smothered with messages of love. Prayers. Bible verses. Encouragement. I know I say it all the time. But I can't stop. Libby is so loved and prayed for by you.  Our family is so loved and prayed for by you. There were times today I felt like I was floating. I'm not kidding. We are in awe of you. We are in awe of Him. Thank you. Over and over again, thank you.

The angiogram procedure went well, and Libby is doing well! Praise God!!!  I wanted to update sooner. I knew she had to stay at the hospital for six hours after the procedure. I did NOT know she had to lie down flat for six hours. Have I mentioned she's three. She wasn't thrilled about this. And it took some policing on my part. Luckily, we got a little milk in her. Started our favorite DVDs. And all was good. Since she had to stay for six hours. And that would have put us leaving the hospital at nine or ten at night. They decided to admit us. For the night. We expected this. And actually were pretty relieved. We never mind a cautious conservative doctor. They'll watch her tonight and hopefully we'll be home tomorrow!

I talked to the doctor. He hadn't fully reviewed the angiogram. But he saw enough to come and tell me his tentative plan. It was much like he expected. It looks like surgery is a go. Praise God. We're back on aspirin. And he mentioned doing the first surgery next Monday. February 3rd. The second surgery would ideally be two or three days later. And then recovery. So that's where we stand right now. I'll update again, soon.

These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. in the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. John 16:33





5 comments:

  1. Praise God for your day! Thank you for sharing and updating. Your sweet family is a blessing to us... trusting in the Lord's perfect plan & provision for us. Sweet Libby, she is an angel! So tough! Prayers continue. Lots of love & big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Erin! You girls are such a blessing to me! What perfect timing for me to join BSF. :) Love y'all! Big hugs right back. XO

      Delete
  2. Great news! What a privilege it is to pray for y'all and see gods faithfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, girl! Love y'all so much!!!

    ReplyDelete