Thursday, January 23, 2014

Angiogram Update

I wouldn't necessarily call our past couple of weeks smooth. But we survived. Hib was out of town for work briefly. He's back safe and sound (I only almost called 911 once, but it was a false alarm-I'm a little on edge these days). It's been really cold. The girls and I are trapped inside for the better part of the day. Most days. We've had some breakdowns. The girls. And me. But I like to think they're therapeutic. 
Libby is continuing to do well. She has a rash on her face (We're on topical antibiotic). We're having some behavior issues. And she's having a hard time falling asleep. There are nights. Most nights, actually. She's extremely upset going to bed. And sometimes an hour or so after falling asleep. One night she cried so hard she actually passed out (hence, the 911 call). We don't know if some of this is simply because she's a three-year-old. Or if she's struggling a bit with her inhibitions and emotions (I say this because the doctor mentioned the area of her brain affected by her stroke controls all of this). Of course, the last couple of weeks it's pretty apparent I'm having trouble controlling inhibitions and emotions, as well. So maybe it's just where we are. Anyway, I would like to ask for your prayers. Here, too. For Libby. And for us. I talked with the neurologist about stroke recovery.  And the bottom line is there is only so much information available as to how the brain is specifically affected. It varies from person to person.  It depends on your baseline. And it takes time to recover. Our struggle is deciphering where we can (and should) push Libby. Where we shouldn't. Where we can parent (and discipline) "normally". And where we just need to give her more time. 

She's doing fantastic, after all. We just want to help her the best we can.  And you know this is exactly where I desperately begin my grasp for control. As if I can ever do anything of any significance without Him. Thank you, God. All that said, she's amazing. We're enjoying our days together with no real agenda. It's been easy to schedule appointments and therapies with our open schedule. We're letting minor things go. We're having fun play dates. Going out to lunch.  
Libby's angiogram is scheduled for tomorrow at noon. We'll be heading to the hospital about ten. My understanding is they'll want to watch her for several hours after the procedure. It's a long day. I don't know if we'll get the results of the angiogram tomorrow. But I'll update here, nonetheless. And again as soon as I do get angiogram results. And hopefully our surgery plan. I know you all are praying for us. You tell me this.  But even better, we FEEL THIS. As always, your love overwhelms us. Your love inspires us.  Thank you!!!! We love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment