Monday, July 23, 2012

Reunited And It Feels So Good…Continued

We had the best weekend. Hib made it home. And by Saturday, our little family of four was together again. We spent a lot of it relaxing. Playing. 

One of my best girlfriends was in town and we were able to do a girls' lunch on Saturday. My awesome Aunt Christy and Uncle Sonny came down on Saturday night to be with the girls. And Hib and I had a date night. 



Libby seems almost completely back to herself. She’s actually funnier. If that’s even possible. She’s been super communicative. And super animated. She loves talking to me. And while I try desperately to figure out what in the world she’s trying to tell me, she laughs hysterically. 

She’s developed a new laugh. The kind where her shoulders move up and down rhythmically.  Coupled with her steroid cheeks and belly, it's just too much. And the slightest thing sets her off. If I drop one of her pill bottles, she’s jiggling away. If I tell the cat to hush, she has a fit. If I start laughing at her, forget about it.  It is, honestly, one of the best things I have ever heard. 

On Sunday, one of our favorite families, the Shelley's, came over. And we finished up the weekend at Libby’s favorite Mexican restaurant. 
Needless to say, to have this kind of weekend, amidst the chaos, was amazing. A gift from God. I found myself thanking Him all weekend. Thanking him for the sounds of a full house. Full in more ways than one. We are so humbled to be prayed for by all of you. So incredibly humbled. And the best part-your prayers are being answered. We will never be able to express our gratitude. But I will continually try. I will continually try to express how much we feel your prayers. Thank you.
P.S. We did not get any results from Libby’s lab work on Thursday. I didn't even try to call. I apologize! I will post as soon as I hear anything. I’m wondering if it may not be until we go back to the clinic this Thursday. I’ll let you know.

2 comments:

  1. love to see her laughing - such a beautiful smile! you guys deserved a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog from Living Life with the E's! Your little girl is adorable! I'm looking forward to reading about Libby and will be thinking about you guys! I have a little boy with DS who is 3 and his name is Colin...we are at http://loveforcolin.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete