Sunday, November 18, 2012

Delayed Intensification

 

Libby starts her next phase of treatment, Delayed Intensification, on Monday. You can tell by its name, it’s not one of the better phases. It looks similar to the induction phase (the one where they kept us in the hospital for a month), but even more drugs are introduced in this phase. The steroids are back. Not really looking forward to that. She’s got two clinic days this week, Monday and Wednesday, with Thanksgiving on Thursday. We had kind of hoped she wouldn’t have to start until after the holiday, but her counts are good, so here we go.

We knew this phase would fall somewhere during the holidays, but I have to laugh a little that it’s literally starting the week of. I know it’s not a coincidence. God continues to show me, over and over, that His timing is perfect. Initially, I was a little bummed about the timing, but as the holidays creep closer I feel better. And I think I get it. I love the holidays. We’re blessed to have a large, and awesome family. And this is the time when we all get to spend lots of time together. Everyone, including Hib, has some time of work. Family and friends are already asking to come visit and help out however they can. I can’t think of anything better to temper sickness and clinic visits than lots of time with the ones we love. I pray we get to do all the fun things we usually get to do over the holidays. And if we don’t, it’s okay, because I know we’ll have lots of company ready to spend time with us wherever we are-even if it’s in the hospital. I am so thankful, SO THANKFUL, for all of you.

Please pray for us, especially Libby, as she starts this treatment. I’m hoping to give you lots of updates, despite the craziness of the holidays. Wishing everyone a wonderful start to the season! Happy, Happy, Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment