Saturday, April 18, 2015

Waiting...

So, we still haven't heard from the doctor regarding Libby's MRI. That was Thursday, and I left with the nurse telling me that the radiologist would read the MRI and it would immediately be put into the system so our doctor would have access to it. And, in fact, if the radiologist found anything concerning he would actually personally call our doctor. We didn't hear anything Thursday. Or Friday. I called the office on Friday, and spoke to our doctor's nurse who told me she would personally call our doctor and make sure he reads it and either he would call me back, or she would. And nothing. Obviously, now it's the weekend and we wouldn't expect to hear anything.

Here's the kicker. Hib and I have had a trip planned, just the two of us, for months. We're scheduled to leave for the beach tomorrow. Early last week I was almost sure we wouldn't be going, but it would involve cancelling non refundable plane tickets, reservations, etc. By the middle of the week, I thought, we'll get the results and that will give us our answer. It will be decided for us. I actually prayed specifically for clear answers so we would know the decision to make regarding this trip. And here we are. Saturday night. Nothing. We're in a little bit of disbelief we didn't hear. After much praying, and waiting, and talking with the precious loved ones we're entrusting our girls to while we're gone; we've decided to go on our trip. With the information we have now, and clinging to the theory that "no news is good news" we feel fairly comfortable. :)  Libby seems really good. Obviously, we'll be ready to fly home at a moment's notice. Thankfully, it's a short flight. 

Would you please pray for us. Particularly for God's protection of Libby and those taking care of her while we're gone. We're pretty nervous, but trusting He's given us the exact information we're supposed to have as of now. And that He could've/would've closed the door on this trip if that was best. I expect to hear something from the doctor next week. Surely Monday. :) I'll keep you posted! Thank you so much for your continued prayers!!!!

1 comment:

  1. It has been my experience that if you don't get bad medical news right away, the news is good. Enjoy your trip. You will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete