Sunday, April 28, 2013

Prayers, Please!

We took Libby to the ER this afternoon, and she was admitted to the hospital. She is seemingly in a lot of pain, and we're not sure why. She's also started running a low grade fever. They're running the whole gamut of tests. The entire thing is eerily familiar to the way she acted during the weeks leading up to her leukemia diagnosis. In fact, I haven't seen her act this way since then. And I'm not handling it all that well.

In the midst of all this, the other night, Hib and I happened to catch up on our church's most recent message. The message was about following Jesus. And, interestingly, the message was about fear. And about overwhelming faith that drives out fear. It was timely. Because here I am. Out here on the edge. And all of the sudden my faith feels really small. I go kicking and screaming when I'm taken to the edge. Fears and anxieties mounting. Emotions rebelling against my will. And Andy's imitation of Him plays in my mind...Yep, I knew all about this, too. I'm Jesus. What are you so afraid of? He goes before me. And I choose to trust Him. But I'm still scared.

Thank you so much for your prayers. Truly. It's overwhelming. It's awesome. We're so humbled. And so, so thankful. We love you. And if you would, please continue to pray for our precious little Libby. Pray for her pain to subside. Pray for healing. Pray for wisdom for these wonderful doctors. Pray for me. :)

I'll update when I know something!


No comments:

Post a Comment