Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Toddler Talk



Annie: Mom, are you eating those skittles? 
Me: Yes I am. 
Annie: Mom, those are for little girls, not big mommies. 

Libby: Mom, I want apple, please. 
(I hand her a whole apple, and she looks at it and then back at me.)
Libby: Open. 

Me: Annie, why would you do that?
Annie: Because I did. 
Me: Okay, that's fair. Let's move on. Why are you crying? 
Annie: (crying) Because I am. 

Libby: (with a look of sheer delight and amazement as she stumbles upon something in her salad.) Mom, Mom, MOMMY!!! 
Me: What, what is it?!
Libby: It's BACON!!!! (Eating and hunting for more.)

Annie: (riding in the car) Hey mom, can you sing, abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz, now I know my abc's next time won't you sing with me? 
Me: I think that's pretty much the whole song, isn't it? 
Annie: Yep. Can you sing it with me?

Libby: Stop it, Annie! No sir! 
Annie: It's no ma'am, Libby, cause I'm a girl. 
Libby: Oh. Stop it, Annie! No ma'am!

Annie: (watching Hib spray his deodorant) Wow, Dad. Why did you spray your fur? 

Libby: (watching Hib spray his deodorant and finally clapping) Yaaayyyy!! Good job, Daddy! 

Annie: Um, Mom. I have princess panties on so I REALLY need to go potty. 

Me: Libby, what do you want for breakfast?
Libby: Uhhhhh, how bout....Ice cream! 

Annie: (Rubbing the "sleep" out of her eyes.) Oh gosh, I've got lots of sprinkles in my eyes this morning!
Me: What did you call them? I've always wondered what those were...
Annie: Sprinkles! 

Me: Libby, let's go upstairs. It's time to go to bed.
Libby: Uh, no thank you, Mommy. (And she walks back to the playroom.)






1 comment: