Friday, May 10, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

I have to laugh when I think about the three years I've been a mom. And all they've entailed. Motherhood has been filled with unexpected contradictions for me.  So many mundane moments interwoven with so many extraordinary ones.  It's exhausting at times. And other times it's almost effortless. But I'm most surprised at how God has used motherhood as an avenue to meet me so personally. To grow me. Change me.


He's shown me so much about His love. There is such inexplicable love we have for our children. Yet somehow, this heart bursting love we have for our little ones doesn't even compare to the love He has for us. His children. My girls, even as toddlers (or especially as toddlers:) ), are imperfect. Just like me. But they're perfect. They're precious. They're so worthy of love. Because they're exactly who they were created to be. Same goes for us. And nothing we do or don't do will change that. Ever.


I'm thankful for all God is teaching me as a mom.  I'm thankful I'm learning I will never be enough. I'm not supposed to be. But He is. Being a mother has given my COUNTLESS opportunities to rely on my Father. Like I'm supposed to. And these opportunities help me know Him better. He reveals more of Himself every time. And I'm able to bask in His amazing grace.


It's almost Mother's Day. And I'm thankful He has blessed me with the opportunity to me a mother. I relish the two perfect gifts He has given me. My heart swells on a daily basis. It's a crazy love. But more than that, I'm SO thankful I'm His daughter. 

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment