Monday, December 24, 2012

No Chemo For Christmas

 

And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people." Luke 2:10

We ended up in the hospital last week. Libby had croup. She was turning a corner, visibly feeling a lot better, and then she woke up Monday night. Upset. Her little chest heaving as she tried to breathe. So off we went. The doctors fixed her right up, we spent a couple nights, and were home by Wednesday. And because of this, they delayed her next dose of chemo. So we’re not going to have chemo for Christmas this year. Well, that’s if you don’t count the steroids they put her back on for a few of days. The steroids that help with the croup, but make her feel like crap. So, we’re making it to our Christmas festivities, but we’re not 100%.

And we will be getting chemo on New Year’s Eve. Literally, we will kick off the New Year with a blast. Of Chemo. Yes, this Christmas has definitely been different than ones past. But in a way, it’s been one of my favorites. This realization there really is joy, no matter what your circumstances. This Christmas, God is revealing that true joy doesn’t come from the holidays, or family gatherings, or gifts. It doesn’t even come from your happy and healthy kids. Even though I enjoy all those things, and they certainly make me happy. This true joy, the kind that never wavers, comes from Him. Beholding Him. It’s something I guess I’ve known on an intellectual level for some time now. But this year He’s revealing it to me. It’s different. I’m experiencing it. It’s indescribable. I love that He’s doing this right now. Christmastime. It’s just so appropriate. He is a Father who loves to give us everything we need. His Son. His Love. His Peace. His Joy.


Thank you so much for your continued prayers. New Year’s Eve is our next big day. I cannot say it enough. We love you so much.  We hope everyone has a blessed Christmas, filled with much love, peace and JOY!!!



2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing woman with such faith. I really enjoy reading your blog and am always praying for that precious girl of yours . Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, thank you so much, Becky! He is growing my faith, that's for sure. :) You are a blessing to us! Thank you for those prayers. I hope your Christmas was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete