Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pile of Love

 
I’m excited about the months ahead. Truthfully, I’m always excited about this time of year. I love the holidays. And this year is the best one yet. Our girls are getting older, and they’re really fun. Their cousins are even older. And they’re entirely too much fun. And there’s nothing quite like the holidays with kiddos. The cooler weather.  Snuggly clothes. Halloween. Thanksgiving. Christmas. Spending time with loved ones. 


You can’t see Hadley, but she’s the foundation of this pile of love. Hadley and Walker always enjoy a good love tackle. And recently, Libby has really taken to it. In fact, she’s all about it. Annie is generally pulled in against her own will, but she doesn’t complain. Much. It’s actually pretty awesome to see how much this foursome loves each other. 


It’s been a consistent prayer of mine (since before they were born) that my girls would love each other, and that they would love their cousins. I pray not only that they love each other, but that they’re friends, and they treasure their relationships. Because these relationships are so special.  I know this first hand. I’m lucky enough to have a sister who is my best friend. And more than a handful of cousins I also count as my best friends. These relationships have been, hands down, among the very greatest gifts God has given me.
 
And so I pray this for my girls, and for my niece and nephew. I know it’s not always going to be easy. I know not all siblings are best friends. Not all cousins are close. I pray these four continue to love and cherish each other. I pray their little eyes always light up the way they do when they see each other. I pray they will support each other, and hold on to each other through thick and thin.



No comments:

Post a Comment